BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

"Whippoorwill, whippoorwill, you and I know"......

"I hear the cottonwoods whisperin' above,
"Tammy ... Tammy ... Tammy's in love"
The ole hooty-owl hooty-hoos to the dove,
"Tammy ... Tammy ... Tammy's in love"


I remember watching the Tammy movies when I was growing up.
I've probably seen all three of the movies at least four times. (I never watched the TV series)

My Dad used to laugh at me because if there was a Tammy movie on, I was glued to the TV. He and my Mom could never figure out why I liked all the older movies. I still think they thought I was crazy since half of the stuff I used to watch on Saturday and Sunday afternoons was made before I was even born. Shoot, half the stuff I used to watch was made before my Dad was born. LOL!

I'm going to have to say though, there was/is just something about the Tammy movies that I really like. For some reason, I can identify with the Tammy character. I tend to see a lot of me in her. Even when I was a little girl, I noticed the similarities between the character and myself. I actually think it's kind of strange that I can identify so closely with Tambrey Tyree.

Well anyway, my all time favorite is still the first film, "Tammy and the Bachelor" from 1957, with Debbie Reynolds and Leslie Nielson.

For your enjoyment today, first I have posted a clip from the movie with Debbie Reynolds singing Tammy. I love this song, I've seen the movies so many times, I know it practically by heart.



Next up is the first scene from the movie followed by the second scene.








I only posted the first two parts because there are eleven clips in total and that would have made for one really, really long post. I've tried to find the full length movie online, but it doesn't seem to be available for viewing. :( If you want to see the full length movie, it'll have to be done clip by clip on YouTube. I left the related videos function open on all the clips posted today, so it should be easy enough to find. :) or the movies can be rented from Netflix.

I hope you enjoyed the clips :D

Have a great day!

Hugs~
~Felinae~

4 comments:

Bullseye said...

Ok, you lost me there. LOL

Can't read any of that.

Felinae said...

Bullseye,
I'm sorry,:( is it the font, color or everything?

Thanks for trying. I am sorry.

Love~n~Hugs
~Felinae~

Bullseye said...

Ok, now I can see. The script was like pictures before, maybe it was just me. Enjoyed the post very much. Thanks.

Felinae said...

Pictures? Interesting.
I'm glad you were finally able to see it.

Thanks for coming back and trying again. :D

Love~n~Hugs
~Felinae~