BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 26, 2010

Fajita Pot Roast--Food for Friday 2~26~10

Today's main recipe is for Fajita Pot Roast, I found the recipe in a magazine that I frequently read. I'm also including the recipe for 'Calabacitas Guisada' (Stewed Mexican Zucchini) this recipe was found at allrecipes ,it is one of the sides I served along with the roast. The other side that was served with the meal was Mexican rice. I posted a recipe for the rice way back in August.

Dinner was served :D we also had flour tortillas to go along with it. No I did not make my own tortillas, but I could have if I wanted to. ; )

Fajita Pot Roast

Ingredients

1 pkg. dry fajita seasoning mix
3 1/2 lb. beef round or rump roast
3 red and/or green peppers (1 1/2 lbs.)
cut into 1 1/2"-wide slices
1 lb. onions, about 4, each cut into 6 wedges
1 jar (16 oz.) mild taco sauce
2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
Chopped fresh cilantro and flour tortillas, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rub 1 Tbs. seasoning mix over all sides of meat. Place in center of large roasting pan. Place peppers and onions around meat.

Whisk together taco sauce, 1/2 cup water, flour and remaining fajita seasoning until smooth; pour over meat and vegetables. Cover tightly with foil.

Roast meat until tender, about 3 hours. Transfer meat and vegetables to serving platter. Over two burners set on medium-high heat, bring pan juices to boil; cook, whisking, until thickened, 3-5 minutes. Serve pan juices with beef and vegetables. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro and serve with tortillas.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Calabacitas Guisada' (Stewed Mexican Zucchini)

Ingredients

* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1/2 small white onion, sliced thinly
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 4 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
* 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
* salt to taste
* 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese

Directions

1. Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat; cook the onion and garlic in the hot oil until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini slices and stewed tomatoes and stir gently. Cover and cook until the zucchini is tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, season with salt, and add the Cheddar cheese; allow to sit until the cheese has melted.


Have a great day!
Hugs~Felinae~


4 comments:

Kymber said...

oh wow - that looks absolutely scrumptious Felinae!!! thanks for sharing the recipes! (p.s. - i love it when you take pics of the recipes!!!)

Felinae said...

Well thank you, Kymber :D you're welcome, I like sharing the recipes. Pictures are usually taken when I remember to grab the camera hehehe:D

Have an awesome weekend!
Hugs~n~Love
~Fel~

Ken said...

...i'm not a big fan of mexican food,but i imagine the rest of my clan would dig it,so i saved it anyway...


...hmmm,me thinks i need another binder...lol,thanx yet again Felinae

Felinae said...

You're welcome Ken :)

It is good, the roast has more of a smokey flavor than a spicy flavor, at least I thought it did.

The zucchini doesn't have a Mexican flavor at all, it is just basically stewed tomatoes and cheese.

You need a bigger binder and I still need to get my first one...recipes are still crammed between pages and laying in a drawer in my kitchen. (sigh) Someday...

Have a great weekend!
Hugs~Fel~