BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 16, 2011

Food for Friday 9-16-11 Steak in a CrockPot

Ok, you all know I like fast, easy recipes. It doesn't get much easier than this. I found this recipe online and I'm sorry, but I don't remember which recipe site it came from.

STEAK IN A CROCK POT

1 pkg. round steak
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1-2 tbsp. garlic salt
Black pepper to taste

Cut steak into serving size pieces. Layer meat and soup in crock pot. Add garlic salt, and pepper. Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours and then on low for 3 to 4 hours or cook all day on low. Stir occasionally or meat on top will dry out. When done, meat is extremely tender, falling apart in the gravy. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.

I did do some tweaking to the recipe when I made it for dinner last night. I used some sirloin steaks that we had in the freezer since who knows when. They were given to us by our neighbor when they last butchered one of their cows. I opted for cooking them on high for 2 hours and then on low for 4 hours.

Instead of garlic salt, I used 2 tablespoons of minced garlic from a jar of pre-minced garlic. According to the jar 1/2 tsp = 1 clove of garlic. So I guess I used what amounts to about 12 cloves of garlic. LOL! I also sliced up 1 onion and laid the rings on top of the steak. I also used a table seasoning blend along with the black pepper.

The steak was extremely tender and moist, it was good. I did not serve it over mashed potatoes, but along side of them. :)

Have a wonderful day,
~Felinae~

8 comments:

HossBoss said...

Congratulations, you are a TWEAKER! Your version sounds even better to me than the original!

: )

Felinae said...

Thanks HB :) You know, sometimes the recipes I find for the crock pot that are simple always seem a little bland sounding to me so...I have to tweak them. :D

Hugs to you and YeOldFurt
~Fel~

Amateur Cook said...

Yep, Dinner doesn't get much simpler than that! Forget about how to cook the perfect cut of meat, dump it in the crock pot with a heap of other yummy stuff then dig it out after 6 hours and enjoy. :•{)

Ken said...

...coool...dinner and desert(sorry,i missed last fridays until now...lol)

...good to see some cooler temps too,time to start cooking again huh?

Felinae said...

Amateur Cook, nope doesn't get much easier. I love my crock pot. :)

Thanks for stopping in.

~Felinae~

Felinae said...

LOL! That's ok, Ken, I knew you would have seen it eventually. :)

The pie was good, I like nectarines but had never had them in a pie.

Cooler temps? not so much out here, it cools off good at night, but we are still seeing upper 80's to mid 90's during the day. :)

Have a great day!!
Hugs~Fel~

Selous Scout said...

Crock Pots are great! I really all of mine (3). Just made split pea soup with a chunk of salt pork thrown in. it didn't even need any seasoning other than that. Only lasted one night!

I've got a corned beef to go in one and am planning to make chili in another.

I've been missing Catman's posts. Is everything ok with him?

Felinae said...

Hello Selous Scout,

Thanks for taking the time to drop in and visit. :)

Crock pots are awesome, love mine, it just frees up so much of the kitchen time. You have 3? I'm thinking that's a pretty good idea. :)

Catman is fine, thanks for asking. Work has been keeping him pretty busy and when he gets home from work, to unwind from the work day and all the stuff that's going on in the world, he plays an online zombie game (left for dead) and he loses track of time. He probably doesn't realize it's been a month since he's done a blog post.

I'll let him know that you were asking about him, maybe that will get him motivated to get away from the game for a little while and do a blog post. :)

Thanks again for stopping by, have a wonderful day!
~Felinae~